Join Our Team
Due to continued expansion, we are currently looking for outstanding individuals to join our team. For applications for any role, please send CV to Aisling Donnelly: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are invited for the following positions:
Post Title: Senior Psychologist
Hours: Autonomous and Flexible, working to a guideline of 40 hours per week
Salary Range: €64,000 – €74,000
Probation period: Six months from date of signing the contract
Annual Leave: 20 days
Notice period: Minimum of 6 weeks, but ideally be 3 months.
Imagine Health are currently recruiting a permanent, full-time senior psychologist in Dublin to work in our Adult and Children Services. The successful candidate will work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team with other psychologists, assistant psychologists and clinical administration in order to provide psychological services for adults who are in need of primary and tertiary care, in addition to forensic clinical work. Those services will address individuals with intellectual and learning disabilities as well as complex needs such as behaviours that challenge and mental health difficulties.
Applicants who qualified outside the Republic of Ireland must have their qualification validated by the BPS and/or PSI.
Areas of input: Adult services
Base: The work is based in Dublin City but will require flexibility to travel within Ireland.
Professionally and managerially accountable to the Clinical Director and/or Senior Administrative Lead of Imagine Health.
Imagine Health is a medical and paramedical services which provides psychological assessment and treatment services for adults in primary, secondary and tertiary care. A number of organisations are partnered with Imagine Health who provide emotional well-being at work. In addition, a number of partners serve clients who have considerable psychological needs behaviourally and within mental health. Education, training and rehabilitation, as well as publication and professional development are also areas of focus within the organisation.
The psychology service focuses on the following areas:
- Psychological treatment within a primary care setting.
- Support services to residential service users who have learning and intellectual disabilities.
- Support services to community and residential and training services.
- Direct therapeutic input and primary care within care services for those in full time residential care living with mental health challenges, LD and/or ID.
- Assessment and treatment for those who are returning to work.
- Rehabilitative psychology.
- Forensic psychology.
- General education and training with promotion of well-being within Ireland, the UK, and EMEA.
Functions Are To:
- Provide psychological support directly and indirectly to individuals with challenging behaviour and/or mental health needs both in the community and in residence.
- To undertake clinical work assessment and treatment and behavioural support planning for an individual as well as group programme planning.
- To provide rehabilitative education and training work for clients in relation to emotional well-being and clinical improvement.
- To recruit additional clinical staff and assist Clinical Director in recruitment of same.
- To provide assessment and treatment services part of a multi-disciplinary team led by the Clinical Director.
- To maintain appropriate professional records and adhere to the sophisticated technological services provided by Imagine Health including audit resources.
- To teach and give training in psychological schools with other professionals working with clients in primary care or with significant disability.
- To undertake training for the purpose of continued professional development.
- To assist in carrying out routine departmental and administrative duties.
- To promote the work of Imagine Health to policy and procedure makers.
- To adhere to the policies and procedures of Imagine Health.
- To participate in national working groups as required.
- To organise his/her time in such a way as to provide the best possible service while fully utilising the considerable clinical administrative services provided to the clinician.
- To work with the head of department to the Clinical Director in developing and servicing new and existing contracts with statutory bodies and private independent organisations in conjunction with all policies of this agency, service managers and other key team members.
- To participate in research project relevant to any area of work.
- To participate in ongoing educational function in the form of occasional lectures to team members and clients.
- To undertake suggested duties from time to time as required.
- Maintaining relationships, upholding respect, dignity at work and playing a substantive part of a greater general team is a necessity while working with Imagine Health.
- Confidentiality is a requirement of the post-holder.
- To maintain the confidentiality of information about clients and service users in accordance with the policies on Confidentiality, the Freedom of Information Act and the Data Protection Act.
Enjoyment of one’s work and continued determination to succeed best practise are the platform upon which the organisation grows and flourishes.
- Possess university degree or diploma recognised by the society PSI or BPS or HCPC obtained with a first or second class honours in which psychology was taken as a major subject and honours obtained in that subject, or its equivalent, recognised by the society. (PhD or equivalent).
- Possess a post-graduate professional psychology qualification recognised by the PSI, BPS or HCPC and as appropriate to work as a senior psychologist in the Irish, UK and EMEA Health Services.
- Have at least 5 years relevant professional experience inclusive of any time spent post-graduate training experience.
- Previous experience with a variety of clients with, for example, challenging behaviour, intellectual disability, dual diagnosis, as well as support plans.
- Previous experiences of adult mental health.
- Previous experience in a variety of mental/learning disability settings.
- Previous experience in independent organisations.
- Previous experience with gold standard customer service.
- Previous experience with assessments; neuropsychological/comprehensive psychological tools.
Skills, Abilities and Knowledge:
- The ability to be decisive, work effectively and communicate clearly with others, provide leadership function autonomously.
- Psychometric assessment skills.
- Good knowledge of range of theoretical intervention models.
- Work in psychology team and in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Ability to work autonomously demonstrating confidence in clinical practise.
Equal Opportunities Requirements:
- Agree to work with a wide range of clients and staff of differing ability.
Imagine Health is an organisation which promote inclusivity.
- Commitment to the service
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Cope with delivery of time urgent work
- Utilise technological services
- Audit resources
- Facilitate the work of significant clinical administration team
- Hold a full, clean driving licence
Send CV to Aisling Donnelly at Aisling.Donnelly@imaginehealth.ie
For all other enquiries please fill out this form